St Lawrence's is a Church of England church with a core of committed members.
Our congregation is made up of people from many different backgrounds, spanning a wide age range (0 – 101) and with preferences for different styles of service.
We are an integral part of the community.
A large proportion of the population of the parish will pass through our doors at some point during the year. St. Lawrence’s is a place people turn to in times of joy and sorrow.
We have a keen sense of our mission.
We are called to love God and love our neighbours as ourselves. So we seek to worship God, to care for others and to be a faithful Christian witness to our community.
- To offer a variety of worship styles at our Services to meet the needs of different people.
- To support children through a friendly Sunday School and by maintaining strong relationships with Hungerford’s schools.
- To provide opportunities for people to grow their faith through Alpha, Home Groups and other courses.
- To serve the community by providing local support groups where there is a need.
- To make our activities inclusive of a wide range of people, including all ages and different social groups.
- To establish an inclusive culture in which people feel loved and accepted and in which they share each other’s burdens.
- To grow the church in terms of numbers and deeper relationships with God.